- Donald Trump is, and for the foreseeable future will continue to be, in complete and total control of the Republican Party. Any Republican who wishes to have any position of power within the party must obtain his endorsement.
- As a corollary, nothing less than absolute, complete, and unquestioning fealty to Donald Trump the person is mandated to remain in good standing with the Republican Party.
- As a corollary to the corollary, a Republican in good standing must publicly affirm Trump’s Big Lie that he actually won the 2020 election, but the election was stolen from him by Democrats, and he is therefore rightfully the president. Any acknowledgment that Biden is the legitimately elected president, or that there was no fraud that affected the outcome, or that Trump is lying about his non-existent victory, will result in being ostracized from the party.
- A Republican in good standing must refrain from suggesting that Trump had anything to do whatsoever with the January 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol. In fact, it is preferable that a Republican state publicly that the rioters were not Trump supporters at all, but rather Antifa or BLM activists in disguise.
- The Republican Party platform is explicitly based on the grievances of white, male, heterosexual, evangelical Protestants. The Republican Party doesn’t care about taxes or spending. It cares about ensuring that the aforementioned white, male, heterosexual, evangelical Protestants remain in control of the country’s politics. Racism, xenophobia, homophobia, transphobia, Islamophobia and all the other —phobias are, and will continue to be, the backbone of the Republican Party. There is no platform other than these grievances.
- “Owning the libs” takes precedence over governing.
Leave a Reply